This Policy covers:
- The information we collect and how we collect it.
- Disclosure and sharing of information we collect.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Your choices regarding the collection and use of your information.
- Your ability to access and edit your information.
- Information security.
- Children’s privacy.
- Information about links to other sites.
- Commercial users.
- Changes to this policy.
- Our contact information.
1. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT.
A. Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
- PII generally refers to a person’s name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, government-issued identity information (such as a driver’s license or social security card), and any other data used to identify or contact such person. You are not required to provide any PII to browse the Link4orce Site. We collect only the PII that you provide to us. You may provide us with PII in a number of ways, such as by registering as a user of the Link4orce Site, ordering products from an authorized dealer, contacting us by email or otherwise, or responding to our surveys.
- Please note that we do not collect or store any credit, debit or other payment card numbers, expiration dates or security codes. Instead, when you wish to order our products, our site transfers you to the website of a third party processor whom we engage to collect your information and use it to process your order and payment.
B. Other Information (non-PII)
- We may also gather and store non-personally identifying general use information from your browser regarding your visit to our site. This information does not specifically identify any individual or business but includes information about you. Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Here are some examples:
(a) We may record your internet service provider’s address, your internet protocol (or “IP”) address, the web page from which you came, your web browser software, the type of handheld or mobile device used to link to the web page, and the language settings on your web browser.
(b) We may collect a record of your activity or your “clickstream” while visiting our site.
(c) We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an email opened or links in an email utilized, or if advertisements on our site or other sites were effective. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users.
- Our Site may use “cookies,” which are small text files that a website, online application, or email may save to your internet browser and/or store on your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to our Site or other sites. Cookies are used to connect your computer with information stored about your online activity, searches, preferences and product purchases both within the same website visit and from one visit to the next on our Site and other websites, such as recognizing you the next time you visit the Link4orce Site. (Some examples of this data include your account preferences, items added to your cart, user specific information on pages accessed, searched terms or addresses entered, and previous visits to the site.)
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may be able to modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive new cookies, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you disable or reject cookies, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Link4orce Site, and you may not be able to participate in certain activities or receive a promotion tailored to you.
2. DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- We do not sell or rent the PII we collect from you. We do not share or disclose your PII to third parties other than those whom we may engage to perform certain essential business functions on our behalf, such as processing your payments or shipping merchandise on your behalf, or third parties whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. We do not authorize these third parties to use the PII provided by us for any other purpose.
- Additionally, we may transfer or disclose PII and other information if we become involved in or may become involved in a transaction with another company, such as an acquisition, sale or merger involving us. In such case, that third party will be able to use the PII contained in our Link4orce database in the same manner set forth in this Policy, including evaluation of a possible transaction involving Link4orce.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
- If you provide us with PII, we may store your information. We or our business partners may use PII to process and ship orders and manage customer accounts, to communicate with you about your account or order, and for marketing purposes. For example, we may use PII to send you special offers, product information or Site information, ask you for your opinion regarding products, or notify you when we have surveys available. We may use PII to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We use non-PII for various purposes, such as to monitor Site security. We also may track and aggregate non-PII, such as, for example, usage trends and demographic information which we may use to improve our site and meet customers’ preferences. We reserve the right to use aggregated non-PII data for any other lawful purpose.
- If you elect to post content on the Link4orce Site or contact us directly, any information, including, without limitation, your name, address, email address, interests and ideas may be stored and used for research or other promotional purposes by us. We may contact you directly to discuss your use of, or contributions to, the Link4orce Site. If you offer a testimonial or opinion about products and services on our site, we may use these communications in our marketing campaigns, on and off the site. We may include in our marketing campaigns your initials, or your first name and the first letter of your last name, together with the name of the city/locality and state where you reside.
- We may participate in interest-based or behavioral advertising. This means that you may receive communications and special promotions and see advertising on our sites or other websites that is tailored to the way in which you browse or shop on our site or other websites. You may also see advertising for us on other websites based on your particular interests and online activity on our site or other websites.
4. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
- We sometimes send emails to our customers to inform them of special offers, invite them to participate in our surveys, and/or to provide information about the site and/or our products or the products or services of others. You can always choose not to receive such emails by simply clicking on the “unsubscribe” option included in our emails or you may alert us using the contact information at the end of this Policy.
- Of course, if you prefer not to provide survey information, you may choose not to participate in any online surveys that we may conduct.
5. YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS AND EDIT YOUR INFORMATION.
- If you would like to have your PII edited or removed from the Link4orce database, you may request a revision or deletion of such data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that any information we are holding relating to you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
6. INFORMATION SECURITY.
- If you create an online account with us, your account information is password protected. You should keep your user IDs, passwords, and any other access credentials strictly confidential. Additionally, some pages on our site use technology, which is designed to encrypt certain information during transmission over the Internet. This technology is used when you create an online account with us or make changes to your account. Your web browser may display an icon, such as an unbroken key or a closed padlock, to signify when this type of technology is being utilized. Check your particular web browser’s help screen to learn how it displays information signifying that this type of technology is being utilized.
- Although we have implemented measures which we believe are reasonable in light of industry standards to secure PII collected on our website from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure, no website can guarantee that unauthorized parties will never be able to defeat those measures, or use PII for improper purposes, nor can we guarantee that our information storage technology, or the transmission over the Internet of data that includes your PII, will be 100% secure. As a consequence, we disclaim any warranty or representation relating to maintenance, data security or nondisclosure of data. Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
- “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it might be from us asking for your personal information, do not respond. We do not request your password, user name, credit card information, or other personal information through email.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY.
- We do not allow persons who are under the age of thirteen to use, register or contribute to the Link4orce Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under thirteen. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under thirteen, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have information from or about a child under the age of thirteen, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
8. INFORMATION ABOUT LINKS TO OTHER SITES.
9. COMMERCIAL USERS.
- This Policy does not apply to business or commercial visitors or individuals using the Link4orce Site on behalf of a business or for other commercial purposes, except to the extent required by applicable laws and regulations that cannot be voluntarily waived.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.